Wednesday 5 January 2011

Excuses, excuses

Only 15 weeks or so to go till the big day and I'm having to face up to the fact that I'm having to make excuses for not being as well advanced in my training as I'd hoped. I was going really well up until about a month ago - then the shitty weather and Christmas shenanigans ganged up on me to put a dampener on my training.
I did put in quite a few snowy miles, running home from work up the very middle of Sauchiehall Street at 7pm because there was not a single car on the snow-covered road (which I admit did feel rather jolly) but for about 3 weeks I basically didn't put in a single session. Appallng. Now I'm going at it with the fervour of a born-again believer.
My plan is to run 6 days a week from now till the marathon in March, and 2011 is already conspiring to test my resolve. Jan 1st run was fine then on the 2nd it was horizontal sleet in my face for 40 minutes then the following day, after waiting for 3 hours for the rain to stop, I had to just grit my teeth, get into my running gear, open the door and get out and grin and bear it - an hour in torrential rain. Horrible.
Not only that, I'm really feeling the 3 weeks off, even though I lived life pretty low for those 3 weeks.
Yup, running definitely keeps you honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment